LAW ENFORCEMENT AMBASSADORS & GUARDIANS
Honoring America's Law Enforcement Heroes
Volunteers are an important part of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund family. The Law Enforcement Ambassador program now consists of two very distinctive and important groups of volunteers: our Law Enforcement Ambassadors and Guardians.
Law Enforcement Ambassadors are active and retired law enforcement officers from city, state, federal and military law enforcement agencies.
Our newly-formed Guardians group are volunteers who support and honor law enforcement but are not sworn officers. The Guardians allow citizens, family members and corporate supporters to work closely with the Memorial Fund and help build the National Law Enforcement Museum.
Ambassadors and Guardians raise both awareness and funds for the Memorial Fund, with a special focus right now on the Museum project. Our goal is to raise $1 million through the Ambassador program by the time the Museum opens.
Help us reach that goal — and raise awareness of the Memorial Fund and our work to honor America’s law enforcement heroes. Learn more about the creative things our dedicated Law Enforcement Ambassadors are currently doing. And consider becoming a Law Enforcement Ambassador or Guardian yourself.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Law Enforcement Ambassador or Guardian, you are expected to be:
- Committed to the mission and goals of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund and the campaign for the National Law Enforcement Museum.
- Willing to establish and meet an annual qualitative and/or fundraising goal.
- Able to commit time to the campaign effort, including attending meetings and cultivation events and participating in occasional conference calls.
- Familiar with law enforcement officers within your own department and other local departments and organizations in your community.
- Skilled at giving presentations to small- and medium-sized groups, as well as talking to individuals one-on-one.
- Comfortable asking individuals and organizations to financially support the Memorial Fund and the Museum.
- Willing to identify and help cultivate major gift prospects from your community.
Interested in taking the challenge and becoming a Law Enforcement Ambassador or Guardian? Contact Patrick Montuore, Senior Director of Law Enforcement Relations, at 973-390-4103 for more information.