OFFICERS OF THE MONTH AWARD
Since September 1996, the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund has honored a deserving officer (or set of officers) each month at the local, state or federal level—men and women who have gone above and beyond the call of duty. In addition to recognition in their own communities, Officer of the Month Award recipients are honored at a special awards reception each May in Washington, DC, during National Police Week, and they are featured in the Memorial Fund’s annual calendar.
Read the inspiring stories of heroism and service of past award winners, and consider nominating an officer you know or work with for this prestigious national award.
- Officers must be duly sworn officers with full arrest powers.
- Officers may be full or part time, paid or unpaid.
- Officers must be currently employed by a local, state, federal, military or correctional law enforcement agency.
- Nominees may include individual officers, or two or more officers, provided that the officers being nominated worked in partnership or as a team.
- Extreme actions of valor on or off duty
- Exemplary law enforcement service
- Community Service
- Distinguished service throughout career
How Do I Nominate an Officer?
To begin the process of nominating an officer for the award, please submit the form below. Please note this is the start of the process and the officer’s department must first approve the nomination before it is official. A staff member will contact you.